YOOtheme
Δευτέρα, 24 Ιούλιος 2017
Panagia (Virgin Mary) Mandrakina Print E-mail

mandrakina.jpg

The church of Virgin Mary Mandrakina, which is dedicated to Virgin Mary and to Saint Panteleimonas, was built in the 18th century. In 1944 it suffered serious destruction and was restored after approximately five years.

The building of the Holy Temple of Hyperagias Virgin Mary Mandrakina maintains an elaborate symmetric exterior with a gable neb. The Tuscan- Doric order’s aspect and the four sided towerlike belfry with the elaborate neb, which was renovated in 1860 from the architect Ioannis Chroni, impress each passerby. The ground level of the temple is lower than the level of the square and is surrounded by a small courtyard. 

p-mandrakina.jpg Start the Virtual Tour

m-mandrakina.jpg